Level-up your Learning!
Every moment is a chance to learn and grow. Differentiate your organization by offering the means to do so with a high-quality on-boarding, development, and learning program. Level up employees throughout their career with your company. From company-wide addresses to office safety and events, Create Course offers a streamlined kit to create customized content and reference materials that you can then assign to your teams and track en masse.
To access the Create Course feature, click the Create Course button within the Learning Library.
This will take you to the Course Draft Details page, your one-stop spot for course creation and editing.
From this page, you will be able to name your course, upload images and define summary text for the course card display, as well as design the content of the course itself. This includes creating chapters that can consist of various file formats or links to other learning materials on the internet. Work performed within this section is always saved in draft status until you choose to publish.
Define Course Details
The first section contains the following information:
- Course Name – The course name is one of the primary ways to search for a course in the library. This displays on the course card. The maximum length is 100 characters.
- Course Summary – A brief description of the course that displays on the course card. As it is searchable in the library, it is recommended to make sure words related to key content are used. The maximum length is 200 characters.
- Course Image – The photo that displays with the course name on the card. If you do not upload an image, a random default image will be provided.
The second section contains the following information:
- Course Category – Categories are predefined groupings based on subject matter that you may place a course into, and are used to simplify searching within the Learning Library through the use of filters.
- Course Description – The description is where you have the space to give an in-depth explanation of what will be contained in the course. The maximum length is 3,000 characters.
Chapters are individual learning objects. They act as sections within the course and can be used to separate activities and/or ideas and control the pace at which a course is consumed. To create a chapter, perform the following:
- Enter a Chapter Title – This is visible within the Course Details page and Course Player and is important for indicating the content the user will see. The maximum length is 80 characters.
- Enter a Chapter Description – This is visible within the Course Details page upon expanding the chapter title and can be used to provide further insight as to a chapter’s content. The maximum length is 300 characters.
- Add Chapter Material – This is only visible within the Course Player, and is the content that will be viewed to complete the chapter.
Editing the chapter title and description is as simple as clicking into the text area and making your desired changes.
Chapter materials comprise the actual content of a given chapter. For example, if you wanted to provide your learner with access to a customized video tutorial for performance management, you could upload the video directly into the system or paste a link to another service where the video is hosted. If the video is hosted on youtube.com or vimeo.com, it will play directly within the PiiQ Learning Player.
To add material, click the Add Chapter Material button.
The Your Device option allows for direct uploads from your computer or mobile device. Otherwise, paste the appropriate link to your content and click Attach. PiiQ supports a wide variety of file types, including the most common video, document, presentation, and spreadsheet formats.
Currently supported extensions: .avi, .wmv, .mpg, .mov, .m4v, .mp4, .webm, .mp3, .ppt, .pptx, .pps, .ppsx, .csv, .doc, .docm, .docx, .ods, .odt, .pdf, .rtf, .xls, .xlsm, .xlsx
The small “X” icon next to the attached media can be used to delete a chapter material. Keep in mind that users in progress will be required to complete the chapter again. If a user has already completed the entire course, it will remain completed.
Now that the first (and only required) chapter is configured, you may add more by clicking the Create Chapter button beneath the chapter display.
You can re-order chapters at any time by dragging and dropping via the triple lines on the left-hand side of each chapter title. Deletion can be performed by clicking the trash can icon and confirming the popup that displays.
Add Reference Material (Optional)
It may be necessary to attach referential material to a course that pertains to the course as a whole as opposed to only one chapter of the course. Such resources include glossaries, handbooks, or even contact directories. These can be added to the course by clicking the Add Reference Material button located beneath the general course details. Choose whether to upload from your device or paste a link to the content, then click Attach.
Your very own course! Are you excited? We're excited.