In addition to full text search, you can use filters and search using data property keywords and values to narrow your results.
This page describes how to use PiiQs people search and other advanced search features to quickly find the records for people you are looking for within your organization.
This article covers the following topics:
- Searching for People
- Viewing detailed People Information
- Using Filters
- Searching by Role and Title
- Sorting search results
Searching for People
- Go to People.
- Start typing in the Search People field. You can search for people by entering one of the following:
- First name
- Last name
- Manager's name
- Email address
- View search results in a list.
Viewing detailed People Information
Select a person that you’d like more details on to reveal further information for that employee.
In addition to the full text search, you can narrow your search results using search filters. These quick filters were designed to help you quickly find people that fit a certain category. To select a filter -
- Click on one of the available filters under the search bar. Doing so will immediately filter out people that don't reflect the selected filter.
- Clicking on an active filter will deselect the filter.
- Multiple filters may be selected at a time. Doing so will result in both conditions being needed to be met for the people to be displayed below. For example, if you were looking for people that were Admins and also Managers, you would select both these filters to find relevant people within your organization.
Searching by Role and Title
Sometimes, you may have multiple people fulfilling the same role, or have the same title within a company. We have built the Search By filter to help you narrow your results in these cases.
Search by Role
To only search for employees within a particular Role -
- Click the Role Field under the Search By filter category and select a Role from the Roles dropdown
Search By Role
Only active roles in the application will be populated in this drop-down.
- People that are assigned that Role will be displayed below.
Search by Title
To only search for employees within a particular Title -
- Click the Title Field under the Search By filter category and select a Title from the Titles dropdown
Search by Title
Only active Titles in the application will be populated in this drop-down.
- People that are assigned that Title will be displayed below.
To further refine your search results, you may also combine Quick Filters with Search By fields. In the example below, we are searching for all Admins with a role of 'Computer and Information Systems Manager'.
Sorting Search Results
Clicking on any of the column headings will sort people in ascending order of the data in that column.
Clicking on the heading again will sort people in descending order depending on the data in that column.