Review Cycle Versioning
Once a review cycle is created, PiiQ will automatically version it for you so to preserve data integrity and prevent historical data loss. Think of this as a "snapshot" of your Performance Framework that is copied and moved to a separate area of your portal. This allows you to have multiple reviews open at one time while maintaining consistent data in each, as any changes you make to the Performance Framework will not affect current or historical reviews.
What can be changed mid-round
- Goals and Competencies set-up for the review forms (see Review Cycle Content Library )
- Overall Score Configuration (see Configuring Ratings and Scores)
- Managers (see Manager Change During an Open Review to understand how reviews may be affected by manager changes)
- New Hire (see Adding a new hire to an open cycle)
- 360 Feedback configuration (see Configuring 360 Feedback for Admins)
Open dates determine changes mid-round
Changes mid-round can only apply to the cycle if the cycle is still in progress. If the end dates have passed, then the cycle is considered a past/historical review round and no configuration updates will affect historical reviews for data integrity purposes.
What cannot be changed mid-round
- User role assignments: If an employee’s Role is changed mid-round, the employee will be rated on the role they held at the start of the round. Subsequent review cycles will relate to the new role.
- New role creation in the role library: Any new Roles created mid-cycle won't be recognized in the current round unless it is assigned to a newly created user who was not assigned a role previously.
- Rating Slider configurations: Goals/Subgoals and Competencies will have the rating slider set in the Configure rating scales page.
- Email notifications: System-generated emails will need to be turned on first as the emails will automatically send upon the dates set in the review cycle. To turn on emails, see Email Notifications