Locking a review cycle
Locking a review's sub-cycles is PiiQ's way of "Archiving" the review. When you are ready to close a review, just lock all the sub-cycles of that review to make the review read-only. Don't worry, this decision does not have to be final, you can lock and unlock the sub-cycles as many times as you wish.
Here is how to lock and unlock the sub-cycles:
- Navigate to the Review Cycle from Settings > Performance Settings > Review Cycles:
- Click the Edit button on the Review Cycle you wish to update:
- Click Edit next to the sub-cycle which needs altering:
- Check the Locked tickbox as needed:
- Save each altered section, then scroll to the bottom of the page and click Update Review Cycle:
Review Cycle Status
PiiQ only has three labels for the review cycles: "Draft, "Not Started" or "Started". This is determined by whether or not the Goal Setting start date has passed.
- Draft - You are currently setting up the Review Cycle, and have not finished finalizing it.
- Not Started - The Review Cycle is finalized, but you are outside of the Goal Setting dates
- Started - The review cycle is started, and it is past the Goal Setting dates
Note: Once the review cycle has "Started", this status will remain even after admins have locked sub-cycles to close the review cycle.
- For an end-user, there is no obvious way to tell if a sub-cycle has been locked. If the rating sliders in the Manager or Self-review do not move, it is more than likely that the particular sub-cycle is locked.
- Only migrated 1.0 clients may have the status "Archived" on the review cycles. "Archived" will be labeled for any review cycles that were migrated over from the previous version.